Monday, April 6, 2009

in the life: bottles

.
so i've got bottles up the wazoo. i'm socialized, like most of us, to never throw a plastic bottle away. where i come from you learn the recycle rap in 4th grade and you can't get it out of your head anymore than you can stop the reoccurring nightmare where your music teacher grins her butter-yellow teeth at you, pounding on a piano with her fists, and you wake up screaming in horror in a cold sweat and complete darkness, turning on the light to brush your teeth once more and vowing to stop drinking so much tea and coffee.

strange. here are some pics of what this has become, seven months of bottled water because the tap water here makes me sick. come on green Erzurum, give these bottles another chance at life. how bout some recycling?

obstructing a pretty view (or improving, depending on your style):



in the office, stashed in a once empty cabinet:



neatly stacked next to the window behind my bed:



crowding my living room windowsill:



overflowing from behind the refrigerator:





footnote: i didn't buy the coke. it was given to me by a friend after a party where no one could finish such a large bottle and it was going to go flat. yes i had some of it. yes i felt guilty. coke kills, we know.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Glad I ran into your blog for this post so I can defend myself. First, I didn't buy the coke. Don't blame me. And, by the way, everyone comments on the bottles on my office windowsill. They think I'm a crazy American (of course, I've given them many other reasons to think that).